Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Links to Your Starboard

I've added three blogs to the honor roll. Each is worth frequent visits by any self-respecting California aficionado.

Craig Hodgkins blogs from Lo-Cal on the media, movies, and literature. He has been researching Frank Fenton, FOC*: mostly straightening out the facts of his life and work, which have been garbled repeatedly.

Frances Dinkelspiel is writing a book about West Coast financier and UC Regent Isaias Hellman. That's scheduled for publication this fall by St. Martin's Press. She attended Chuck Wollenberg's book talk and blogged on it, too.

Steven Rubio is my main man from graduate school at Cal. He taught California Culture at SF State and turned me on to Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep, among other things.

* Friend of Carey

1 comment:

Frances said...

Hey Peter, thanks to linking to my blog. My book, Towers of Gold: Isaias Hellman and the Creation of California, will actually come out in Oct. 2008. It's got a lot of southern California history in it as Hellman settled in LA in 1859.

I am enjoying your blog!