Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Citizen Journalism Night at The Booksmith

Rose Aguilar and I will appear at The Booksmith on Tuesday, Feb. 1, at 7:30 p.m. The topic is citizen journalism--or rather, lame journalism and what to do about it. There will probably be references to Ramparts along the way, but I mostly want to talk about what's ailing the media ecology today.

Rose brings a lot of experience and expertise to this topic. She hosts "Your Call" on KALW, of course, and her media roundups on Friday keep her attuned to the overall performances of reporters, authors, analysts, pundits, etc. She's incredibly well informed, versatile, and indefatigable. I can't wait to hear her thoughts on this.

This is a Melissa Mytinger production, so hats off to her. But I also want to give it up for The Booksmith more generally as one of my favorite bookstores. Lots of cool titles and superb events plus a piquant location.

No comments: